I'm not a martyr. Really, I'm not. Bill *did* ask me 3 times if I wanted sunscreen and I said no. So it's my own fault. No one to blame but ME. And a beautiful day at the beach.
I have a farmer's tan. Well, I HAD a farmer's tan. Also known as a planter's tan.
For those of you who don't know, it's when your arms are tanned from the elbows down because you've worn short sleeves all summer and never exposed your upper arms to the sun. So you're pasty white to the elbows (or however long your most often-worn short sleeves fall to), and tan from there down.
Well, let's just say THAT virgin's been deflowered. Bill and I spent the most wonderful weekend at the beach, walking, walking, walking. The sand was warm, the water was chilly, the sun was bright, and on we walked. Miles of beach one way and miles of boardwalk back. Spent time in the arcades, which Bill loves, throwing money at video poker and winning tickets for junk that we don't have room for. Buying a new cage for the hermit crab I got last year - complete with a friend (buy the cage, get the crab free!). But DAMN, skippy - we had a blast!
The catch is - I wore a sleeveless shirt and shorts for the first time all summer for this escapade. So instead of being pasty white from the elbows up, I am screaming red. Not quite the fashion statement I was going for. Oh yeah - the shirt was v-neck, so I have that tan/burn too. And the backs of my knees. OH yeah...you know it! And to cap it off, a flip-flop tan on my feet. Those didn't burn, but the straps of the flip-flops are now permanent.
All things being equal, I can't complain. As I said, he DID offer to buy me sunscreen, which I refused.
We had an awesome time visiting all the little Jersey beach towns. OC, Wildwood, Sea Isle, AC. We ate 3 Brothers Pizza, Shriver's Salt Water Taffy, Kohr Bros. ice cream and Bubba Dog's hot dogs. In AC, we gambled at the penny slot machines in Caesar's and Wild Wild West. We ate dinner in the casino and gambled some more (we're SUCH big spenders!). We talked and laughed and walked until we were so stiff we didn't think we'd be able to move.
It was the most awesome weekend of the summer so far and if I have to pay for it with the sunburn from hell that STILL hurts and is red and is going to peel like a rotten orange, then so be it!
MV Obsession 2026-08-18 18:43:11
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment