Remember how I said if the girl-child had cut her finger here, I'd have had her go SOMEWHERE?
The gods must have been listening.
In a series of events that could only occur in my son's life, he broke his nose yesterday. Actually, he broke the *tip* of his nose. There's some swelling in one nostril, a bruise that makes him look like he dipped his nose in purple paint, and some residual pain.
It took a trip to the urgent care facility, a denial of referral from his doc, a trip to the ER, a 2.5 hour wait, 4 x-rays, almost a CT scan, and 15 minutes with the ER doc (c'mon, sing it with me..."and a patridge in a pear treeeee....") to determine that his nose was indeed broken.
Picture this - 2 strapping 18 (or 19) year old men wrestling around on the ground. His opponent's hand on his face, trying to force him into a headlock and him trying like hell not to end up in said headlock. The walk home going something like this:
"Good fight, dude - you've gotten better!"
"Thanks, man. But my nose kinda hurts."
"Lemme see. (looking at my son's face) "DUDE - it's really swollen!"
"Yeah, I think you broke it."
"No WAY!"
"Yeah, way, man. High five!"
*sigh*
Last night on the way home from the hospital:
Him: My first broken bone! And it's my NOSE! How cool is THAT?!?
Me: Yeah. Cool. Well, at least it doesn't show.
Him: I know. I'm bummed. What a conversation starter THAT could have been!
Me: Yeah, well...sorry it didn't work out for you.
God spare me from boy-children, please?
MV Obsession 2026-08-18 18:43:11
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment