We lost a hamster today.
Not lost as in - got loose and we can't find her.
Lost as in - she died.
She was a sweet thing. Her name was Panda because she was black and white. Cute as a button and active as all get out. She loved to climb the walls of her cage, and when she got too fat for the tubes, that was how she got from level to level in her cage. In later life, when she got OBESE (and I do mean OBESE), she stuck to the lower level, but she was still a cutie! She loved her yogie treats and never missed an opportunity to have a treat.
When she died (sometime overnight, I guess), she weighed about a pound. I know - I told you she was obese.
The girl-child took it well and has decided that we are done with hamsters. We've had several, and while they've been entertaining, she's right - we're finished. We have 4 cats, a dog, an African claw frog and a hermit crab. Oh - and 9 birds. 5 cages but 9 birds. Despite our loss, the ark is still full.
So I wish Panda safe journey on her way to the Rainbow Bridge. She was a joy and I'm happy she was part of our lives for so long. May the Goddess guide her true on her path.
MV Obsession 2026-08-18 18:43:11
2 weeks ago

2 comments:
awwww, So sorry for your loss. I'm sure she will watch over you in Hamster Heaven. Maybe she's even doing the techno version of the Hamster Dance now.
Probably! She was a sweetheart. Of all the hamsters we've had, by far the sweetest. Although she had to live in my bedroom because Meghan's cat thought she was a moveable (moving?!?) feast!
Post a Comment