OK, so it’s snowing here. It’s nothing unusual; we live in the northeast, for Pete’s sake.
To go one better, per the weatherman on the local news, "North and west of the city." Which means we'll generally get more snow.
It’s not as common as in, say, New England. At least not in recent years. But it happens, and I don’t understand why the world comes to a screeching halt when it does.
My kids’ schools closed at 12:30 today, 2 hours early. Several of my clients sent their employees home early. The roads here are wet, nothing frozen yet, but it will be dark soon and there have been reports of a couple accidents on elevated highways. So I can see leaving a tinch early, but at 2 PM?!?
It’s 17 degrees outside, which makes it bloody cold. But it also makes for dry snow which doesn’t stick to much. The grass. Some rooftops. But not the roads. And it blows in the wind. Seriously. It shouldn’t be a big deal – at least not locally.
I’m sure the robins who’ve come home early (I saw about 100 of them in a field the other day) are REALLY pissed at the ones who decided it was warm enough to come back. They’re out there huddling together on the tree branches, trying not to shiver so they don’t fall off. As my daughter observed… “Dumbass birds.” Can you see the ones over there, just apart from the rest of the group? They were the planners. What seemed like a good idea at the time has gone horribly wrong, and now they're freezing their little birdie butts off away from the group because they've been shunned. Poor lil' things. It's not fair how quickly the group has turned against them. Fickle.
For now, I think I’m going to take advantage of my boss’ offer to leave early. Not because I’m afraid the roads are frozen, but simply because I don’t feel like working anymore today. So there.
MV Obsession 2026-08-18 18:43:11
2 weeks ago

1 comment:
birdie butts, LOL! That made me chuckle. And even snort a little.
Post a Comment