Remember that old Carly Simon song? If you don't remember it on its own, you probably remember the Heinz ketchup commercial that used it. The idea was that Heinz ketchup was super thick and took forever to come out of the bottle, but anything *THAT* good was worth waiting for.
True story, right?
I ordered my spinning wheel on Wednesday. It was shipped on Wednesday.
Thing is...Monday is Memorial Day, so guess what?
I'm not getting it until Tuesday.
I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. Or her birthday. Or both on the same day.
Thing is, I put off the purchase for awhile because I was warned not to jump right into buying one that I had only seen on the internet. But I'd been researching them for WEEKS. I had three on my watchlist on Ebay. I looked at them every day. But I held off on buying the one I thought I wanted and went to the local spinner's guild meeting to look (read GAWK) at the wheels the women brought.
Oh.
My.
God.
They were beautiful. I saw several different kinds, but the wheel of choice seemed to be from the Ashford line. Several women had the Traditional, and one had the Joy. Poetry in motion, all of them. Considering I'd been coveting the Ashford Traveller, I was certain now that I'd made the right choice.
Until I saw the Kromski. And tried it, at the insistence of her owner. Oh goodness. It was instant love. Back to the internet research.
Long story short, I've ordered a Kromski Minstrel from a shop called Copper Moose. They're in Georgia. But the guy who owns the shop grew up in my area of Pennsylvania. Small world, isn't it? He was very pleasant and I enjoyed speaking with him even though I stuttered like a fool in my excitement to get my order placed.
SO...on Tuesday, I'm getting my new baby and 2 pounds of fiber to start working with her. After I assemble her and set her up. Which, you know...being not so mechanically inclined...could take a while, leaving you in...
Anticipation.
October 2026 …
3 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment