Monday, June 1, 2009

Amigu-WHO Now??




It's called Amigurumi, and it's adborable! Making little (up to about 8") stuffed animals out of crochet. I couldn't WAIT to make my first one, thinking it would be a blast and a breeze and just sickly cute. I had a pattern book of dinosaurs and some neat yarn colors and I was set.

OH

MY

GOD

What a pain.

Not that I won't ever do it again, but DANG!! It's a lot of work for such a lil thing, and it's hard to count. I made this stegosauraus for Megs, and a pterodactyl for her boyfriend. And truthfully, I am NOT sure I want to do anymore! They turned out cute, and both the kids love them, but holy crow.

I guess if you practice at it, it gets easier. They are "little" projects, and they should go quickly ("should" being the operative word in that sentence). Not that I won't do another if asked...truly.
Just not my preference right now.

No comments: