OK, so it finally happened. I'm officially OLD. Yep. O-L-D. How do I know this?
I am the parent of a college student.
Yeah, that happened, too. My son got accepted to his #1 choice of schools, the Art Institute of Boston. I am (in all seriousness) as happy as I can be for him. He's been dreaming of Boston for MONTHS! I even put him on a bus by himself from King of Prussia to Boston in February. Yep...let him loose in the city by himself for a day before he met up with family and toured AIB during their open house event.
SO - we hear on Thursday that he's accepted. AND that he got a scholarship!! YAY, boy-child!!!! The scholarship covers most of his room and board. Hip, hip, HOORAY!!! We go on through the packet and find out that accepted student open house is SUNDAY. So he, the girl-child and I all packed into the car at noon on Saturday and made a road trip to Boston.
I'm glad I did...I got to see the AIB building again, and this time, I got to see the campus on which he'll be living. Housing for AIB is at Lesley College in Cambridge. There's a free shuttle for students back and forth, so I don't have to worry about that, but I really wanted to see the whole place. I like it. He likes it. Now all I need to do is figure out how I'm going to pay for it, considering his father makes less money than I do and wanted to know "How're you going to pay for that" when I told him the child was accepted. There's been more emotion in my shoes when I buy new laces. But that's a story for another time.
SO - congratulations to my boy-child, and please wish me luck in the financial arena...I think I see a part-time job in my future.
MV Obsession 2026-08-18 18:43:11
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment